update

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

update

mick crane
excuse ignorance.
using 1.3.5 with managesieve and enigma plugins.
Is there a script that will update to 1.3.8 if I tell it where 1.3.5 is
installed or do I need to go through everything from start ?

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: update

A.L.E.C
On 10/28/18 6:02 AM, mick crane wrote:
> excuse ignorance.
> using 1.3.5 with managesieve and enigma plugins.
> Is there a script that will update to 1.3.8 if I tell it where 1.3.5 is installed or do I
> need to go through everything from start ?

https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/blob/release-1.3/UPGRADING

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak
Kolab Groupware Developer         [http://kolab.org]
Roundcube Webmail Developer   [http://roundcube.net]
----------------------------------------------------
PGP: 19359DC1 # Blog: https://kolabian.wordpress.com
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: update

mick crane
On 2018-10-28 06:38, A.L.E.C wrote:
> On 10/28/18 6:02 AM, mick crane wrote:
>> excuse ignorance.
>> using 1.3.5 with managesieve and enigma plugins.
>> Is there a script that will update to 1.3.8 if I tell it where 1.3.5
>> is installed or do I
>> need to go through everything from start ?
>
> https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/blob/release-1.3/UPGRADING

cheers, seems easy enough.

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: update

mick crane
In reply to this post by A.L.E.C
On 2018-10-28 06:38, A.L.E.C wrote:
> On 10/28/18 6:02 AM, mick crane wrote:
>> excuse ignorance.
>> using 1.3.5 with managesieve and enigma plugins.
>> Is there a script that will update to 1.3.8 if I tell it where 1.3.5
>> is installed or do I
>> need to go through everything from start ?
>
> https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/blob/release-1.3/UPGRADING

OK it seems to be working

after running script I get loads of files owned by me.
I do
#!/bin/bash
find /usr/share/roundcubemail-1.3.8 -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
find /usr/share/roundcubemail-1.3.8 -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
chown -R www-data /usr/share/roundcubemail-1.3.8/*;
chgrp -R www-data /usr/share/roundcubemail-1.3.8/*;

I guess that is OK

but what is composer.phar
php composer.phar update --no-dev

I haven't got it
have composer.json

I don't do this very often.

mick



--
Key ID    4BFEBB31
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: update

Michael Orlitzky-2
On 10/28/2018 04:54 AM, mick crane wrote:
> find /usr/share/roundcubemail-1.3.8 -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;

Chances are, you don't want your database credentials to be world-readable.
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: update

mick crane
On 2018-10-28 15:58, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
> On 10/28/2018 04:54 AM, mick crane wrote:
>> find /usr/share/roundcubemail-1.3.8 -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
>
> Chances are, you don't want your database credentials to be
> world-readable.

what then 640 ?

  _______________________________________________
> Roundcube Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: update

mick crane
On 2018-10-28 16:43, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 28.10.18 um 17:34 schrieb mick crane:
>> On 2018-10-28 15:58, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
>>> On 10/28/2018 04:54 AM, mick crane wrote:
>>>> find /usr/share/roundcubemail-1.3.8 -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
>>>
>>> Chances are, you don't want your database credentials to be
>>> world-readable.
>>
>> what then 640?
>
> surely, and not owned by the webserver, basic security principals
>
> normaly stuff should be owned by root and read-only for the webserver
> group, folers 750, files 640

Ok I do that. This is not internet facing stuff but guess do it safely

cheers

mcik

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: update

mick crane
In reply to this post by mick crane
On 2018-10-28 16:43, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 28.10.18 um 17:34 schrieb mick crane:
>> On 2018-10-28 15:58, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
>>> On 10/28/2018 04:54 AM, mick crane wrote:
>>>> find /usr/share/roundcubemail-1.3.8 -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
>>>
>>> Chances are, you don't want your database credentials to be
>>> world-readable.
>>
>> what then 640?
>
> surely, and not owned by the webserver, basic security principals
>
> normaly stuff should be owned by root and read-only for the webserver
> group, folers 750, files 640

If I change all the permissions to 750 for the roundcubemail directories
and 640 for the files
and all the ownerships to root.root it don't work after restart apache
ownerships www-data.www-data it works.
probably it is particular files need to be different but I don't know
which ones.
[sigh]

mick


--
Key ID    4BFEBB31
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: update

Michael Orlitzky-2
On 10/30/2018 02:15 AM, mick crane wrote:
>>
>> normaly stuff should be owned by root and read-only for the webserver
>> group, folers 750, files 640
>
> If I change all the permissions to 750 for the roundcubemail directories
> and 640 for the files

The owner should be root but the group "www-data" (in this case) for the
permission modes 750 or 640 to allow read access to the web server.
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: update

mick crane
On 2018-10-30 13:31, Michael Orlitzky wrote:

> On 10/30/2018 02:15 AM, mick crane wrote:
>>>
>>> normaly stuff should be owned by root and read-only for the webserver
>>> group, folers 750, files 640
>>
>> If I change all the permissions to 750 for the roundcubemail
>> directories
>> and 640 for the files
>
> The owner should be root but the group "www-data" (in this case) for
> the
> permission modes 750 or 640 to allow read access to the web server.
> _______________________________________________


cheers

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users